Of the original locomotives, PRINCESS was used during the construction of the railway, THE POET arrived in 1888.
BRYNHILDR was acquired in 1921.
And they were joined by a fourth when SIR ROSE was built at Boot Lane Works in 1995.
PRINCESS – N.A. Dadd & Son :: 1878
SCHOLAR – N.A. Dadd & Son :: 1888
BRYNHILDR – Ernst Schmidt :: 1912
SIR ROSE – Boot Lane Works :: 1995