ROSE

 

Built as a pair by the Hunslet Engine Company in 1923 for the Allied Marine & Locomotive Company. Slightly bigger versions of the 18-inch gauge “Waril Class” built for the MOD in 1915, both machines led quiet and uneventful careers at Allied Marine until 1963 when they were put up for sale.

Initially, it was thought that these small industrial engines would prove insufficient for the railway needs. Still, they quickly proved themselves to be more than capable, and have over the years become synonymous with the Candlebridge Tramway.

Current status – not in service, awaiting overhaul


ROSE