Built by Manning Wardle & Company Limited for the ill-fated Port William Tramway in 1875. The locomotive never actually turned a wheel at Port William and was acquired by Isaac Boulton in 1877.
Boulton hired GUNNER to several small contracting companies before selling the locomotive to Rose in 1885.
Although built with inherent design flaws, GUNNER has nonetheless given stirling service at Candlebridge throughout the years. And several successive rebuilds have addressed some of those initial design issues.
0-4-2 Saddle Tank
Cylinders – 7″ x 12″
Driving wheels – 24″ (dia)
Boiler pressure – 140 psi
Tractive effort – 2570lbs (@75%bp)
Operational status –